Tuesday 23 July 2013

#114

Lately, painting my nails has been such a drag. Every single time something goes wrong, like I smudge it or get a dink in it. However, today was a good day to paint my nails.




I do not confess to being the best at painting nails, and I definitely don't have the best nails by far, but I know how I like to have them. I had my first ever manicure a few weeks ago and I have to say I was disappointed. Although I didn't pay to have it done, as I had a voucher from my mum, it still didn't really seem worth the money. They didn't do a bad job, and the girl was lovely, but I just was a bit underwhelmed. I always go through fazes where I like to not wear any nail varnish, and then I get the urge to paint them again. Today was a day where I really wanted to paint them, but two failed times in the past week made me for a nail varnish I knew I couldn't go wrong with, and that was the MUA nail varnish in Frozen Yoghurt. The cheapest of all the nail varnishes I own, at only £1 but surprisingly one of the best! I think the brush is just fail safe. I used the Rimmel Nail Rescue as a base, as it is doing a good job of keeping my nails in okay condition. I decided I wanted to go back to having an accent nail so I went for Mavala's Lagoon which is a lovely shade of mint green/aqua, with a bit of the Ruby Silver Glitter on top. And then to top it all off I used my Sally Hansen Double Duty as a top coat. I don't know how long this will last as I usually get bored with it before it starts to chip, however for now I am happy!


Until tomorrow, Goodbye x

No comments:

Post a Comment